Thickeners or clarification is carried out in decantation tanks employing gravitational settling or sedimentation. The tank is fitted with a mechanical scraper to collect and move the settled solids to the point of discharge. This is achieved at very high throughput rates and is used to recover water for mine site operation.
The tank was manufactured, transported and installed in wedge shaped sections and bolted together onsite.
- Detailed design of thickener including foundation loading and detailed design calculations
- Design review with client
- Project management
- Quality Assurance and MDR reporting
- Transport of the thickener to site
- Oversee and supervise onsite installation
- Provide spare parts and running spares for operation